Tuesday, August 24, 2010

My Story

Ebby
Well, I guess to get the ball rolling, I should tell you about myself.  I went to vet school at the beautiful Oklahoma State University in Stillwater, Oklahoma.  I have been practicing veterinary medicine in the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex since graduation.  My boyfriend and I have a menagerie of pets that are constantly into something. 

We have 2 dogs:  My sweet girl Ebby who is my 11-year old Cockapoo.(Don't tell her she's eleven, she thinks she's a puppy...)  Ebby is probably the best dog in the whole world!  Never sick and minds better than most people's children.  Then there is June a 1-year old Labrador.  We got June as a puppy and soon found out she had "special needs".  To make a long story short June has a liver problem that requires daily medication and special food.  June in turns feels that this makes her special and she therefore can do whatever she wants whenever she wants!   

Jade
We also have 3 cats:  All the cats are unique and will require a brief description each.  Jade is my long haired tabby.  She is a cats-cat, which means for all you non-cat people, that she only wants petted when it's her idea and rarely shows her face except to demand food.  Next is Cedar, he is my orange tabby.  He is my cat-dog, this means he is unsure if he is a cat or a dog.  Cedar is constantly into or doing something.  He once took down a whole Christmas tree in a matter of seconds.  Lastly is Gracie, she is my boyfriends cat.  She is, a very petite, short haired tabby.  This cat pretty much hates my guts, and being a veterinarian(who pets usually love), it kinda hurts my feelings!  But I guess everyone is entitled to their own opinions...

I hope to pass on stories of interesting cases, general pet wellness, updates on my personal animals and maybe even some funny things that happen in my life through this blog.  So stay tuned in for my next installment.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this great resource. Angela is my second cousin and her Mom saw a question on my Facebook about whether dogs get asthma attacks and she sent me to your blog to read this article. The youtube videos are great. My aging lab had an attack this week that lasted for approx an hour but he has been fine ever since. He is alergic and takes hydroxizine twice a day most of his life. Really helpful to have an answer to what happened and what to try if it happens again.

    ReplyDelete