Thursday, September 23, 2010

Baking Contest

I know, I know, my blog is supposed to be about veterinary medicine... But, the very next most dear thing to my heart is 'sweets'.  I have a terrible sweet tooth that I inherited from my Grandma Mason.  She is also the one who taught me how to bake, so not only do I love to EAT sweets I love to cook them as well!!
I just wanted to share that I have entered myself in my very first baking contest.  It is for a Pecan Festival, so of course the dessert must contain pecans.  I am making 'Deceivingly Delicious Mini Muffins", which are kinda like a mini pecan pie without the crust.  I have been bringing samples to work and making the girls sample them and tell me which ones are the prettiest and tastiest.  This has really been a strain for them....
The contest is on Saturday, so I will update you on the outcome.  I will try to snap a picture of the finished product to post as well.

1 comment: