Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Top 10 Canine and Feline Conditions of 2011

VPI, a pet insurance company, weighed in on the top medical conditions of dogs and cats in 2011.  I agree these are some of the most common things I see as well.  Most of the conditions require long term treatment and/or reoccur on a regular basis.  Making them very common and seen by me almost daily.
VPI recieved more than 62,000 canine claims for ear infections and 3,800 claims for feline urinary tract infections!!!  WOW!  I would say if you have a dog breed prone to ear infections (bassett hounds or labs), I would go ahead and sign up for insurance!!  It would truely be a money saver in the end....  

 Dogs
1.  Ear infection
2.  Skin allergies
3.  Skin infection
4.  Noncancerous skin growth
5.  Upset stomach
6.  Diarrhea
7.  Arthritis
8.  Urinary tract infection
9.  Bruise or contusion
10.  Underactive thyroid

Cats
1.  Urinary tract infection
2.  Chronic kidney disease
3.  Overactive thyroid
4.  Upset stomach
5.  Periodontitis
6.  Diabetes
7.  Diarrhea
8.   Ear infection
9.  Skin allergies
10.  Lymphosarcoma

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Dr. Mason! I always wanted to get Coconut insurance but i didn't know which one was the best. I just purchased this for her. I feel better now that i have it too :)

    ReplyDelete