Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Allergy Maps and Testing

So sorry for my long absence, but I just had a baby(human not furry), and it happened a little earlier than planned.  So I am just now emerging from my home and new baby-sleep deprivation.  My little man is 8 weeks old, he's doing great and I'm starting my third week back at work!

I wanted to share an interesting website with everyone. It is Greer's allergy website and their allergy map.  It allows you to pick your location on a map and see what the most common environmental allergens are.  You can also go to Pollen.com from Greer's website and see what the pollen count is for the day and the predominant allergen(today it's Juniper!).

Greer came out with a blood test to help identify what your pet is allergic to.  Most dermatologists agree that the blood test is probably not the best way to diagnosis allergies, intradermal skin testing is the best.  But for some people going to a dermatologist is not an option.  Like in my parents case they don't live in an area that has a dermatologist.  Therefore making the blood test the only option.  My advice is if you live in an area with a dermatologist, go see the expert!  If you don't have one available then the Greer blood test maybe an option.


Intradermal Skin Test

Greer Interactive Allergy Map

No comments:

Post a Comment