Thursday, January 26, 2012

New Veterinarian Reality Series

There is a new reality series in town!!! But this time instead of being about rich families and marrying a bachelor its all about veterinarians! It a series called Veterinarian on Call, on YouTube. It is mainly focusing on large animal vets. They even have Dr. Peter Ostrum, who you may all know better as 'Charlie', from Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory!  A video of him and a dairy cow are below but go check out all the other videos on YouTube as well.

I watched several of the videos and thought they were wonderful. I really like them because they focus on large animal medicine. I think they are helping people see and understand where their food comes from.  I grew up in a rural community have been active in agriculture my whole life.  So it is always shocking to me the number of people who have never had the opportunity to see or touch a cow or pig in person!  Baby pigs are just about the cutest thing you'll ever see, everyone should have at least one opportunity to see and hold one in their life.

LOVE IT! LOVE IT!!






No comments:

Post a Comment